Log in


Card & PIN

Do I need to activate my card?
Yes, you must activate your card before you can start spending. It's quick and simple, and enables us to set your account up so you can view your account information. Just return to the homepage and select the ‘Activate now' option to begin.
How do I activate my card?
To activate your card, you simply need to complete your account registration, which will only take a couple of minutes and consists of three simple steps.
1.Enter your details
2.Activate your card
3.Set up your online account
You will need to have your card handy and access to your mobile phone and email to complete the process. Just return to the homepage and select the ‘Activate now’ option to begin.
I don't have an activation code?
That's ok! We'll send you the activation code during the registration process where you will be able to receive it by SMS or email (depending on what details we hold for you). If you have any issues receiving your code, then please get in touch so we can help you resolve!
I can't activate my card?
If you have tried to activate your card but are still facing issues, please let us know and we will help you through it!
How do I report my card as lost or stolen?
If you think you have lost your card or had it stolen, please get in touch with us straight away so that we can block that card and get a new one out to you as soon as possible. Please note, charges may apply for a replacement card so check your terms and conditions for more information.
Is my card replaced when it expires?
We support lots of different card programmes, so please check your Terms and Conditions to see if your card will be auto-renewed on its expiry or not.
Can I get a PIN reminder?
Yes. You can view your PIN anytime by logging into your account. Just go to My Account in the top menu, and then select Card & PIN. Here you'll see an option to View PIN. Select this and your 4-digit card PIN will be displayed on-screen. If you have SMS services enabled on your account you can also benefit from an SMS PIN reminder where you can text 'PIN' and have it sent directly to your phone. See 'How do I set up SMS services?' for more information.
How do I unlock my PIN?
You can unlock your PIN at any ATM displaying the Mastercard® symbol using the PIN Services option.
Can I change my PIN?
Yes, you can change your PIN at any ATM displaying the Mastercard® symbol using the PIN Services option.
Why is there a pending transaction showing on my account?
A transaction can show as pending on your account if it has not yet been processed by the retailer. If a transaction hasn't been successful or the retailer has cancelled it, the relevant funds may remain as pending for up to 15 working days. If you need access to these funds sooner, please contact us.
How long can a refund take to go through?
Refunds can take up to 7 days to be credited back to your card.
What happens if the service or item I wish to buy is more than the balance on my card?
You can only spend the balance available on your card. Many retailers will accept your card as part payment (at their discretion). If they do, you'll first need to pay the excess amount by other means, so that the amount left outstanding is the same, or less than your available card balance. You can then pay the balance using the funds on your card. Part-payment is not available for online transactions.
Are there any restrictions on where I can use my card?
You can't use your card to withdraw cash, obtain cashback or foreign currency, or to pay at any kind of automated payment machine (such as CAT terminals, pay@pump, tolls, and car park or train ticket machines). You also cannot use your card for subscriptions, automated periodic payments or gambling; or for obtaining illegal goods or services.

If the use of your card is restricted to specific retailers only, this will be detailed under the Retailers option when you are logged in. Restricted cards will not be accepted in any franchise stores, which are normally found at airports, train and service stations.
What should I do if I have a negative balance on my card?
If your card has gone in to a negative balance, you will need to reimburse us. We will contact you within two weeks with instructions on how to do this, and may cancel your card. If you notice your card has gone into a negative balance before you hear from us, please contact us as soon as possible.
I am under 18 - Can I still use my card everywhere?
If you're under 18, you won't be able to use your card in pubs, bars, nightclubs, some restaurants, wine and beer wholesalers and cigar/tobacco shops. Once you reach 18 this restriction no longer applies.
Can I use my card to withdraw cash or obtain cashback?
No, you are not able to use your card for cash withdrawals or for cashback from a retailer.
Is there a maximum balance I can have on my card at any one time?
Yes, there is a maximum balance and top-up limit. These limits can be viewed when you are logged in and select the Top-Up option from menu.
Can I top up my card with extra money?
We have lots of different card products, some can be topped up and others can't. If when you login to your account you can see a Top Up option on the screen then you have a reloadable card, and you'll be able to top it up using a debit card registered to the same name and address that we hold for you.
How can I top up my card?
If you have top up enabled on your card then you can top it up:
  • with a debit card via the website
  • with a debit card via the mobile app. You will need to have completed one top up via the website first.
  • via SMS top up if available to you. You need to set this service up first but once done its a handy feature to keep your card topped up.
    How do I use SMS top up?
    If you have SMS top up enabled and have successfully set it up, then to top up your card you just need to text TOPUP, followed by the amount you want to top up by and the Security code from the back of your card and send it to 07481 339960. So for example, if I wanted to top up by £100 I would send: TOPUP 100 123
    My top up failed?
    Your top up may have failed for a number of reasons:
    • You do not have sufficient funds available in the account you are using to top up your card.
    • The card details you have entered are incorrect. Please make sure the details match what is printed on your card.
    • The address registered to your Pure Card is different to the bank’s information. If this is the case you will need to update your address either with Pure Card or with your bank to be able to complete the top up with that card.
    • There is a technical issue with Pure Card.
    If you have checked all the above, and continuing to have issues, please Contact us and we will look into this further
    How do I change the debit card used to top up?
    After you have completed your first top up, we will save your card details so that you can do a quick top up in future. However if you want to change this card, simply select Top up from the main menu, enter the amount you want to top up by and hit proceed. You will be transferred to our payment partner site, Secure Trading. Simply choose your card type and fill in your card details. We can only save the last card that you used so this will replace any previous card we had saved.
    Is my card contactless enabled?
    If your card has this symbol Contactless then it is contactless, and you can use it to make contactless payments where accepted.
    If my card is contactless, will I ever be asked to use my PIN?
    Yes, your first transaction following activation must always be made using chip and PIN to enable contactless. We may also ask you to enter your PIN after a certain number of transactions, this is for security to make sure its still you using your card.
    Do I have to use the contactless feature?
    No, even if your card is contactless you can still insert your card and PIN if you want. Remember, you can only use contactless for transactions up to £30, so will be asked to insert your card and PIN for any purchases over that amount.
    How much can I spend with Contactless?
    The current contactless payment limit is set at £30 per contactless transaction.
    Why should I use contactless?
    It's fast and perfect for those everyday transactions, and you're in control because your card never leaves your hand.
    Where can I use contactless?
    At any of our retail partners where you see the contactless symbol displayed. If you don't see the symbol, your contactless card can still be used with the PIN.
    How do I pay with contactless?
    Simply tap your contactless card on the payment reader.
    How close does the "tap" have to be to the card reader?
    When you tap to pay with contactless, your card should normally be within an inch or two of the payment device.
    How will purchases appear in my spend view?
    Purchases made with contactless will be displayed just like any other purchase you make with a card.
    Do I need to treat my contactless card in any special way?
    Treat your contactless card as you would any other credit, debit or prepaid card. Always know where your card is and keep it in a safe place.
    What is a partner card?
    A partner card is an additional card on your account that shares the balance. It will have its own PIN and online account but everything else is shared. It is not available across all our programmes, so to see if you have partner cards enabled please go to My Account. If available, you will see a Partner card icon at the top.
    Can I order a partner card?
    Partner cards aren't available across all our programmes. To see if you have this feature enabled select My Account where you will see a Partner icon if this is available to you. You can only order one additional card attached to your account and fees may apply. Please check your terms and conditions for more information.
    Does my Partner card share the same balance as me?
    Yes, both your card and the Partner card share the same balance. However, you will each have individual cards and PINs and access to individual online accounts to view the balance and spend history.
    Will my partner card be replaced automatically upon expiry?
    No, partner cards will not be automatically renewed. Once you receive and activate your own replacement card, you will then be able to apply for a new partner card. Fees may apply so please check your terms and conditions for more information.
    If I lose my card, will it affect my partner card?
    No, your partner card will still work, even if your own card is blocked for whatever reason.
    If I block my card, what happens to my partner card?
    Nothing. Only the card you report to us will be blocked, your partner card will continue to work.
    What are SMS services?
    SMS services provide you with the ability to perform tasks direct from your phone, great for when you don't have access to 3G/4G! There are 3 main SMS services that you can use: Balance, PIN & Top up. SMS services isn't available across all our programmes and you will need to verify your mobile number before using. See 'How do I set up SMS services?' for more information.

    Once set up, make sure you save 07481 339960 to your phone contacts so you have it to hand when you need it. Then simply:
    • Text BALANCE to get your latest card balance
    • Text PIN to receive your card PIN
    • Text TOPUP followed by the amount you want to top up by and the security code from the back of your card e.g. TOPUP 100 123
    How do I set up SMS Services?
    You can only use SMS Services if this is enabled on your account, and you will need to set it up as we need to verify your mobile phone number. To do so, go to My Account from the main menu, and then select Preferences. You'll see a Find out more option next to 'Use Text Services' if available to you, which will take you to an information screen. Select SMS services set up and enter your mobile number. We will send you a verification code, just enter this code when prompted and that's it. You'll be able to use the range of SMS services available which includes:
    • Text BALANCE to get your latest card balance
    • Text PIN to receive your card PIN
    • Text TOPUP followed by the amount you want to top up by and the security code from the back of your card e.g. TOPUP 100 123
    • Text RETAILERS to see the list of retailers that accept your card.
    What is voucher store?
    Voucher Store is an extra feature that some of our customers have available. It provides you access to a range of different gift cards and vouchers - ideal for when you are looking for that perfect gift of choice. If you have Voucher Store enabled, you will it as an option in the main menu.

    Still can't find the answer you're looking for?

    Email info@purecard.com

    Telephone 0344 800 6435*

    Our customer service agents are available 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday (excluding Christmas, boxing and New Year’s Day).
    You can report your card lost or stolen on this number at any time.


    Our address is:
    Card Services, PO Box 1586, Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 9SF

    *Calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs

    pure® is a trademark of Blackhawk Network Europe

    Your Mastercard® is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority with Firm Reference number 900023; pursuant to license from Mastercard International. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd’s company registration number is 05802971 and its registered office is at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP3 9TD.